Recommended for grades 1 – 3
The Musical Discoveries program is designed for our youngest school audiences in grades 1 – 3. Here, they discover a magical world of amazing music and story enhanced by visual entertainers and plenty of surprises. A comprehensive, Orff-focused, curriculum-based Study Guide is provided to teachers to prepare and deepen their students’ experience in anticipation of this highly engaging symphonic introduction.
Students will discover a magical world of the orchestra and orchestral music through story enhanced by visual art and guest performers.
MELODIUS PRIME VS. THE BOYZ OF NOISE
Discover the musical world of the orchestra, and we might just need your help to save them too! Winnipeg’s one and only Super-Duper Symphonic Superhero needs your help to save conductor Naomi Woo and the orchestra from the diabolical schemes of Kaos and Konfuzed, the evil Boyz of Noise! Students will enjoy a hit-list of symphonic favourites, including music by Grieg, Khchaturian, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky, R. Strauss, Strauss Jr., Liszt, Smetana, and more! This just might be the first time pyjamas, a living room, superheroes, and villains collide on Centennial Concert Hall stage.
Friday, January 13, 2023 @ 10:30am – SOLD OUT
- Friday, January 13, 2023 @ 1:00pm
Location: Centennial Concert Hall, 555 Main St. Winnipeg
- Early-bird: $7 /student
Submit your online order form and payment for Adventures in Music and/or Musical Discoveries in by Friday, November 18, 2022 to qualify for early-bird pricing.
- Regular: $8 /student
- Chaperones: One chaperone for every ten students receives complimentary admission. Additional chaperones and volunteers are $10.
- Parents & guests of students:$20 each (tax included, ticket fees apply per ticket), available beginning in April, 2023 – online, by phone at 204.949.3999 or in-person at the WSO Box Office, 555 Main St. Please refer to the information provided by your school music teacher regarding which concert your child is performing at; the box office does not have this information.
- Credits & pricing from the cancelled concerts in 2020 will be honoured.
- Early-bird: $7 /student
MOC LISTENING WORKSHOP FOR TEACHERS
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Time: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: École South Pointe School, 615 Kirkbridge Dr., Winnipeg, MB
The WSO is proud to partner with the Manitoba Orff Chapter to present the Listening Workshops. Come prepared to dance, sing, play instruments and laugh as presenters introduce the concert repertoire through music and presentations of the corresponding lesson plans along with tips, tricks and best-practices to help you and your students have an exciting Musical Discovery with the WSO.
This evening session will highlight the Musical Discoveries program and includes supper.
Registration is now open! Click below to register on the MOC website:
Digital Study Guide
- The digital Study Guide is provided in both English and in French and includes comprehensive lesson plans and orchestra guide for both programs, will continue to be available exclusively as a digital download in convenient PDF format along with digital audio recordings. These resources are included free-of-charge with your ticket order or your Listening Workshop registration.
- If you have placed or order or registered for the Listening Workshop, we will send you an e-mail with a confirmation/receipt and a download link for the study guide and digital audio examples.
PAST STUDY GUIDES
Study guides from previous Adventures in Music (grades 4 – 6) programs can be found on the Adventures in Music page.
For more information
Program Inquiries: Brent Johnson, Associate Director, Education and Community
(204) 949-3967 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Order & Payment Inquiries: Jeffrey Acosta, Education & Sistema Manager
(204) 949-3971 | email@example.com