Adventures in Music is a comprehensive program designed to introduce students in grades 4 – 6 to the wonderful world of symphonic music. The musical event of the year for over 14,000 Manitoba students, this exciting program showcases a variety of styles of music and provides opportunities for students and teachers to perform on stage with the WSO in student choirs, as well as in string and recorder ensembles. A curriculum-based Study Guide with wide-ranging lesson plans and activities in both official languages is provided to teachers upon registration to introduce the concert repertoire and the orchestra to students in the classroom and prepare them for a truly exciting experience.
OUR MUSIC, OUR LANGUAGE
Maestro Julian Pellicano and the orchestra will explore the diverse world of music and language along with soloists and student choirs. Students will discover the expression of this interesting relationship through poetry, song, drama and other forms such as improvised language and sign language.
Location: Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall, 555 Main St. Winnipeg
- Parents & guests of students: $20 each (tax included, ticket fees apply per ticket), available beginning in April 8, 2019 online, by phone at 204.949.3999 or in-person at the WSO Box Office, 555 Main St. Please refer to the information provided by your school music teacher regarding which concert your child is performing at; the box office does not have this information.
|Monday, May 13, 2019 at 1:00PM||Buy Tickets|
|Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 10:30AM||Buy Tickets|
|Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 1:00PM||Buy Tickets|
|Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 10:30AM||Buy Tickets|
|Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 1:00PM||Buy Tickets|
|Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:30AM||Buy Tickets|
|Jeudi, 16 mai, 2019, 13h00 (EN FRANÇAIS)||Buy Tickets|
- Students: $7.25 each (tax included) Order Form
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:00PM (limited availability)
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 10:30AM (limited availability) & 1:00PM
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 10:30AM (limited availability) et 13h00 (EN FRANÇAIS – disponibilité limitée)
- Chaperones: One chaperone per 10 students is required and admitted free of charge (including teacher). Special needs assistants are admitted free of charge. Any additional chaperones are $10 each (tax included). Note: All chaperones must arrive and be seated with their school (this includes any parent volunteers).
- March 8, 2019 (4:00pm): Art Project Submission Deadline (art must be delivered to the WSO Office – 21st floor, 1 Lombard Place – Richardson Building by 4:00pm)
- April 8, 2019: Parent & guest tickets available to purchase
The WSO is proud to partner with the Manitoba Orff Chapter to present Listening Workshops on Wednesday, September 26 and Thursday, September 27, 2018. Come prepared to dance, sing, play instruments and laugh as presenters introduce the concert repertoire through recordings and presentations of the corresponding lesson plans.
Wednesday’s session will cover the upcoming Musical Discoveries program, How the Gimquat Found Her Song! Thursday’s session will highlight the Adventures in Music: Our Music, Our Language program for the upcoming season. MOC Website.
Location: Louis Riel School Division Board Office, 900 St Mary’s Road (Legacy Centre Room)
- 2018-19 Adventures in Music Brochure
- 2018-19 Adventures in Music Order Form
- 2018 MOC Listening Workshop Registration Form
Program Inquiries: Brent Johnson, WSO Education and Community Engagement Manager at (204) 949-3967 or e-mail for more information.
Order, Seating & Payment Inquiries:Please email, fax, or drop off your order form at the WSO Box Office, c/o Jeffrey Acosta (Group & Education Events Coordinator) at (204) 949-3995 or e-mail for more information.