Share the Music is a fundraising initiative that enables economically disadvantaged children, their families and adults to attend WSO performances. Through the generous donations by corporations and individuals, more than 3000 tickets are provided to more than 50 organizations across the province each year.
If you would like to learn more about this program, or make a contribution, please contact Theresa Huscroft at (204) 949-3979 or email@example.com.
“The extreme stress placed on these families due to a severe illness can be overwhelming, but having the opportunity to attend a concert and take their minds off of the challenges they face for at least a couple of hours, helps to keep them going. The tickets we receive from the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra are so important and very much appreciated.”
– Ronald McDonald House Winnipeg
“Our being able to attend the Symphony has had an incredible impact upon our lives: we were able to witness things that otherwise we could not, and our lives have changed in numerous ways as a result.”
– L’Arche Winnipeg Inc.
“The opportunity to enjoy live music is a rare, enriching opportunity for the children and youth we work with. They love the energy, emotion and spectacle of the professional performances provided by Share the Music.”
– Winnipeg Boys and Girls Club
Share the Music Organizations
- Adult EAL Program, Winnipeg School Division
- Alpha House Shelter
- Association for Community Living – Winnipeg
- Association for Community Living – Beausejour
- Behavioural Health Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Portage la Prairie
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Winnipeg Canadian Mental Health Association – Central Region
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Winnipeg Region
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind Child & Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
- Community Venture Outreach – Salvation Army
- Connect Employment Services
- Doray Enterprises Inc.
- Dufferin Residents Association of Winnipeg Inc.
- Elizabeth Fry Society of Manitoba Inc
- Event Horizon Planning Inc.
- Family Enhancement Program, ANCR
- Friends Housing Inc.
- Immigrant Centre of Winnipeg
- Independent Living Resource Centre
- Jewish Child & Family Services
- L’Arche Winnipeg Inc
- Main Street Project
- Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council Inc. Marymound Inc.
- MB Family Services & Housing – Children’s Special Services
- Mood Disorders Association of MB
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Native Women’s Transition Centre
- New Directions for Children, Youth, Adults, & Families
- Nine Circles Community Health Centre
- North Point Douglas Women’s Center
- Point Douglas Residents Committee
- Rady Jewish Community Centre
- Red River College Centre for Immigrant & International Students
- River East/Transcona Neighbourhood Immigrant Settlement
- Ronald McDonald House – Manitoba
- S.P.I.K.E. Inc.
- S.S.C.O.P.E. Inc.
- Sara Riel Inc.
- Simaril Inc.
- Society for Manitobans with Disabilities (Adult)
- Teulon & Area Advocates for Active Living Inc.
- University of Manitoba Access Program
- Victory Missions
- Villa Cabrini
- Voices: Manitoba’s Youth in Care
(Wpg Boys & Girls Club)
- West Central Women’s Resource Centre
- Winnipeg Child & Family Services
- YMCA-YWCA Learning & Leisure Centre