A virtual fundraising event in support of your Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra
Saturday, May 8, 2021
Food delivery to your home: 3:30 – 6:00 pm
Livestream concert begins: 7:30 pm
‘A mother’s greatest masterpieces are her children’
Treat Mom to an exceptional pre-Mother’s Day night in, with a live-streamed Masterworks concert from the WSO featuring Brahms’s Serenade and Mozart’s Sinfonia performed by Gwen Hoebig and Daniel Schulz.
*Due to the current travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, James Ehnes will no longer be able to join the WSO for this concert to perform Beethoven’s Violin Concerto as originally programmed.
While viewing, enjoy a delicious 3-course meal crafted by Chef Melissa Makarenko, of Peasant Cookery, paired with wines carefully selected by Sommelier Christopher Sprague.
Tickets are limited, priced at $225 per couple and includes a $100 charitable donation tax receipt. You won’t want to miss out!
Tickets no longer on sale for this event
For your dining enjoyment with the Mozart & Brahms livestream, Chef Makarenko is offering the following:
Your choice of any Tarte Flambée (French-style pizza, sufficient for two people).
- Traditional: Cork cheese, caramelized onions, crisp bacon, Swiss cheese
- Forrestier: Cork cheese, caramelized onions, wild mushrooms, Swiss cheese
- Mediterranean: Basil pesto, red peppers, artichokes, tomatoes, goat cheese
- Aquitaine: Black fig jam, prosciutto, goat cheese, arugula
Tarte Flambée arrives parbaked with heating instructions included.
Your choice of any two salads
- House Greens – Heritage baby lettuce, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, shallots, herbs cucumbers, balsamic vinaigrette
- Spinach and Beet – Roasted beets, baby spinach, yogurt labneh, gala apples, pepitas, hemp seeds, raspberry vinaigrette
Your choice of any two desserts
- Rum Baba – warm rum cake with apricot honey glace with whipped cream
- Dulce de Leche dark chocolate tart – rich chocolate ganache, chocolate tarte, covered with caramel
Your choice of one bottle of wine (sponsored by Manitoba Liquor Marts)
The evening will also include an early bird draw from our popular 50/50 Raffle with prizes selected ESPECIALLY FOR MOM, including:
Nurturing Mom Package (2 identical packages available)
- A signed CD from Renée Fleming
- 100% pure silk top Zara L’Ange limited edition print, made in Italy
- Nordik Spa Body Lotions
- Bottle of Wine
- Chocolates by Melt Chocolate Company
- Cuivisin Ice Bucket
- Original Art by Ludo Grollé
- Gift Certificate from High Tea Bakery
- Cheese board from Manitoba Liquor Marts (Board only, does not include food)
Wine Spectacular Package (donated by Ma Vie En Vin, Flavia Fernandez Fabio)
- An offering of fine wine (value $100)
- Wine Carafe
- Exploring Wine Regions: Argentina This is a beautiful pictorial travel guide to the three top wine regions of Argentina: Mendoza, Salta and Patagonia.
- Corkscrews and Bubbly Stopper
- BBQ brush
Stay tuned for more information on how you can purchase a 50/50 ticket and be entered into the Early Bird draw.
Don’t miss this chance to enjoy the final Masterworks concert of the season with your loved ones!
We are limited to 250 tickets for this special event. Due to the complexity of logistics, all orders must be placed by Friday, April 30 at 12:00 PM.