The Musical Discoveries program is designed for our youngest school audiences in grades 1 – 3. Here, they discover a magical world of great music and story enhanced by visual entertainers and plenty of surprises. A comprehensive, Orff-focused, curriculum-based Study Guide is provided to teachers to prepare and deepen their students’ experience in anticipation of this highly engaging symphonic introduction.
WALL TO WALL PERCUSSION
Discover the musical world of the orchestra and nearly every percussion instrument imaginable – even the kitchen sink!
This concert has everything, including the kitchen sink! Centennial Concert Hall will be transformed into the home of percussionist Vern Griffiths in this unique and energetic program. Through great symphonic classics, Vern and special guests will explore all the percussion instruments of the orchestra, the orchestra itself, and the musical possibilities of instruments found in every household.
- Monday, March 9, 2020 @ 10:30am
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 @
10:30am (sold out)& 1:00pm
Manitoba Centennial Concert Hall, 555 Main St. Winnipeg
Naomi Woo, RBC assistant conductor & host
Vern Griffiths, percussion
- Musical Discoveries Order Form (click to download PDF)
- Early Bird (until October 28): $6.25 each (tax included)
- Regular (after October 28): $7.25
- Chaperones:One chaperone per 10 students is required and admitted free of charge (including teacher). Special needs assistants are admitted free of charge. Any additional chaperones are $10 each (tax included). Note: All chaperones must arrive and be seated with their school (this includes any parent volunteers).
- Parents & guests of students:$20 each (tax included, ticket fees apply per ticket), available beginning in April 8, 2019 online, by phone at 204.949.3999 or in-person at the WSO Box Office, 555 Main St. Please refer to the information provided by your school music teacher regarding which concert your child is performing at; the box office does not have this information.
- June 28, 2019 – Bach to School eligibility deadline
- September 20, 2019 – Listening Workshop registration deadline
- September 25, 2019 – Adventures in Music Listening Workshop
- October 28, 2019 – Early bird order deadline
2019 MOC Listening Workshops for Teachers
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 ** NEW FOR 2019: Both workshops on the same day!**
8:30am – 4:00pm (Adventures in Music)
3:30pm – 7:00pm (Musical Discoveries)
Louis Riel School Division Board Office, 900 St Mary’s Road (Legacy Centre Room)
The WSO is proud to partner with the Manitoba Orff Chapter to present two Listening Workshops, now both presented on the same day (new for 2019!). Come prepared to dance, sing, play instruments and laugh as presenters introduce the concert repertoire through music and presentations of the corresponding lesson plans along with tips, tricks and best-practices to help you and your students have an exciting Adventure in Music with the WSO.
The daytime session will highlight the Adventures in Music: Avengers of the Lost Art program and the evening session will cover the Musical Discoveries: Wall-to-Wall Percussion concerts for the 2019-20 season. MOC Website.
- 2019-20 Adventures in Music Brochure
- Musical Discoveries Order Form
- 2019 WSO-MOC Listening Workshop Form
Program Inquiries: Brent Johnson, WSO Education and Community Engagement Manager at (204) 949-3967 or e-mail for more information.
Order, Seating & Payment Inquiries: Please email, fax, or drop off your order form at the WSO Box Office, c/o Jeffrey Acosta (Group & Education Events Coordinator) at (204) 949-3995 or e-mail for more information.