Gershwin shook the musical world with his now iconic jazz-infused Rhapsody in Blue. Shostakovich “celebrated” the Soviet authorities with a populist symphony that shakes its fist in irony. Hear also Gershwin’s rarely played Second Rhapsody in the WSO debut of exciting pianist Sara Davis Buechner.
- Vivian Fung: Dust Devils
- Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue
- Gershwin: Second Rhapsody for piano and orchestra
- Shostakovich: Symphony No. 12 in D minor (The Year 1917)
- Alexander Mickelthwate, conductor
- Sara Davis Buechner, piano
To buy your Dinner & Symphony ticket online, buy your ticket as you normally would. When the best seat availability is shown to you, you'll have the option to choose a Dinner & Symphony Package. You can also call our box office at 204-949-3999.