Like many arts organizations, the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra’s concerts and events have been dramatically impacted by COVID-19. The WSO is committed to the health and safety of everyone attending, performing in, or working at our concerts at the Centennial Concert Hall. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and rely on evidence-based information published by the Government of Manitoba and the Government of Canada.
WSO and Centennial Concert Hall staff have diligently created a concert night experience that strictly follows and respects directives from health authorities including current guidelines for owners/operators, staff/volunteers and patrons of the arts outlined in the province of Manitoba’s Restoring Safe Services recommendations.
Concerts will be a new experience with the following changes:
- Designated entry and timed entrances
- Socially distanced markers on the lobby floors and bathrooms
- Staggered seating with limited seating. The province currently allows theatres to have up to 30% capacity or a maximum of 500 seats, whichever is lower. WSO concerts currently have 18% capacity (approx. 420 seats).
- Staggered exit procedures at the end of the performances.
- Concerts will not have intermissions and no printed programs will be available (Program notes are available online in advance of the concert – please refer to concert pages).
- Coat check will be closed for the immediate future with limited concessions (bottled water only, alcoholic beverages are currently not available).
- Masks are mandatory from the moment you enter the building. If you do not have one, non-medical masks will be available for purchase.
In order to prepare for the concert, we strongly recommend you read the following information and watch the video:
For information on the Centennial Concert Hall COVID-19 updates and policies, click here.
WSO Rescheduled Concerts & Events:
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire™ in Concert (Apr 4 & 5, 2020): Rescheduled to Feb 19 & 20, 2021
- WSO Netherlands Tour (May 2020): Tentatively rescheduled to May 2022
- Te’Pakohp (Jun 21, 2020): Rescheduled to May 16, 2021
- Summer Nights in South America (Jun 24, 2020): Rescheduled to future date in 2020/21 season (TBA)
- Made in Manitoba (Oct 16 & 17): Rescheduled to Nov 20 & 21, 2021
Current ticket holders should watch their email for updates regarding rescheduled dates.
Box Office update:
The WSO Box Office (555 Main Street) is currently closed for in-person orders and exchanges for the immediate future. Please email email@example.com or leave a message at 204-949-3999 and one of our staff will contact you directly as we are working remotely to address your ticket and donation requests.
Due to the high volume of requests, please be patient for a response as staff deal with this unprecedented situation.
There is no need to contact the Box Office immediately to exchange your tickets for cancelled performances immediately, as we will be honouring all exchanges and donations in the coming weeks.
Once dates for postponed concerts and events have been confirmed, Box Office staff will contact you by phone or email regarding your tickets.
The following options are available to ticket holders:
- Keep your tickets for postponed events (they will be valid for rescheduled concerts)
- Donate your ticket(s) back to the WSO for a charitable tax receipt
- Exchange your ticket(s) for a gift certificate to a future concert
Help the WSO stay strong
The health and economic impact of COVID-19 to the WSO is significant and your support today is more important than ever. As a non-profit arts organization, the WSO relies on the people we serve in our community. Each week your Symphony is closed has a profound impact on our ability to share symphonic music with you and our community.
Please consider the role music plays in your life and support the WSO with a donation of any amount today or return your tickets to cancelled concerts for a charitable tax receipt.