CRM Database Specialist
The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (WSO) is a dynamic musical force serving Manitobans with excellent musical opportunities and experiences. The WSO is actively engaged in new program development, education and outreach, major concert series, and several festivals with the objective of delivering artistically excellent symphonic music at the highest level.
CRM Database Specialist
Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, configuring and reporting on the WSO Tessitura constituent management database. General duties include the set up ticketing and contribution campaigns and events, import/export of data from the database, creation and modification of reports, customization of tables, stored procedures and view within the SQL database itself. Training new users, configuration of security module and assisting where needed with documentation and customization.
As needed, this position will assist in the responsibilities of the rest of the Admin & IT Department including but not limited to desktop support, network maintenance and administrator, inventory distribution, and installation and configurations.
About you (skills and attributes)
- Previous client management experience and the ability to develop sales and service solutions.
- High level of attention to detail in a time-pressured environment. Understanding of best-practice ticketing principles across a range of platforms, with the ability to learn and apply new approaches to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to make sound commercial decisions in a busy environment.
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to pivot where necessary.
- Demonstrated experience in using customer data to inform future decision making.
- A self-motivator who takes initiative when faced with a challenge.
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service with a proactive approach to problem solving & conflict resolution.
- Dependable written competency and demonstrated accuracy in data entry and the use of business systems, processes and applications.
- Proven experience with and understanding of current technology, operating systems and applications; and the demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology and systems, including upgrades and changes, within a reasonable timeframe.
- Aptitude to plan, organize, train, and deliver/translate complex technical concepts to technical and non-technical users.
- Have an appreciation for the arts and understand the flexibility required to work in a creative, dynamic environment.
- Skills and experience in the use of Tessitura is an advantage.
In the role you will
- Be a highly competent and specialist user of WSO’s CRM systems including, but not limited to; Tessitura, TNEW and third-party integrations (Vimeo OTT, Substrack, Wordfly).
- Work with the development and marketing teams to set up annual fundraising campaigns, appeals, source codes and acknowledgements in Tessitura to ensure proper contribution tracking for year to year comparisons.
- Work with the box office and marketing teams to set up concerts/events, price types & pricing rules, modes of sale, promotions & offers and source codes in Tessitura for each season to ensure proper year to year comparisons.
- Build and maintain WSO membership programs in Tessitura and assist with renewal data export and analysis.
- Build and maintain automated and manual tax receipting procedures, and issue tax receipts in a timely manner.
- Work with Marketing and Box Office to develop dynamic pricing and yield maximization strategies.
- Work with Marketing and Development to develop and implement a CRM strategy with active escalation from prospecting through single ticket sales, subscribers and donor patrons.
- Develop and deliver regular Tessitura training for both new and experienced users.
- Manage the generation of timely and accurate lists, such as single ticket, subscription, groups, donor data, and other information as requested.
- Perform quality control audits to ensure accuracy and completeness, ensuring data integrity issues are identified and proactively addressed.
- Maintain the General Ledger Codes, Funds, Campaigns, Source Codes, Elevated Events, Attributes, Constituencies, and other essential elements of the Tessitura database.
- In collaboration with Finance, ensure compliance with credit card processing requirements.
- Lead projects in research, analysis, and data mining using business intelligence tools such as SQL Queries and Tessitura Analytics. Create custom reporting and analytic dashboards.
- Perform version upgrades of database and request periodic LIVE to TEST copies of database.
- Troubleshoot, import/export data and assist as necessary with SQL-based queries of the database.
- Tessitura Innovation: Research and implement ideas to keep WSO at the forefront of Tessitura System Technology.
- 3 or more years related experience/training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in database programming and management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and software, Microsoft SQL Server including SSMS and SSRS.
- Knowledge of Tessitura preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure including but not limited to networking, basic computer maintenance, repair and troubleshooting.
- Clear Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Background Checks.
Working environment/physical requirements:
- Be required to undertake the tasks and requirements detailed in the relevant job task analysis.
- Undertake general office work with a strong emphasis on the use of computers and digital technology.
- Typical hours are during the day, but the position requires the flexibility to be available for weekend, holidays and evening work hours from time to time.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. WSO staff are eligible for a full benefits plan including matching RSP contribution program. The WSO offers excellence opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the organization.
To apply, please submit a letter and CV along with three references, to the attention of April Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that references will only be contacted following the interview process and in the eventuality of a potential offer.
The application deadline is September 19, 2022, however the WSO will continue to receive applications until the position is filled.
The WSO is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.